When it comes to skincare, a routine is essential in reducing issues from popping up (pun intended). Hormones, facial hair, and increased oil production set men’s skin apart from women. This means men need skincare as much as women do. Father’s Day is quickly approaching, and Alamo Heights Dermatology wants to remind all men to put their best face forward with some simple skincare tips.
Essential Skincare Guide for Men
Some basic adjustments to your daily routine can have long-lasting results. With a bit of consistency, you can combat breakouts, irritation from shaving and reduce fine lines. Below are three easy steps you can take and products we recommend and carry here at Alamo Heights Dermatology:
- Clean: Washing your face twice a day in the morning and before bed removes everything it was exposed to throughout the day.
- We recommend Revisions’ Brightening Facial Wash that cleans without stripping the natural moisture.
- Repair: Repair serums help reduce the damage our skin takes over time. Apply after nightly face wash, and before any moisturizer.
- Senté Bio Complete Serum deeply hydrates and helps repair damage while slow-release retinoids boost cell turnover for smoother, more even tone skin.
- Protect and moisturize: Using a moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or higher can keep it from drying out and protect it from the sun. You need to use sunscreen every time you go outside, not just for extended periods. Apply in the morning. If your skin is extra dry, you can use a lightweight moisturizer without an SPF.
- EltaMD UV Daily Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 infuses your skin with lightweight moisture and protects against the sun’s harmful rays.
Cosmetic Options for Men
If it’s been a while since you’ve taken care of your skin, jumpstarting it with a cosmetic product or procedure can be highly beneficial. Dermatological services aren’t only for aesthetics. More and more options are available to treat medical conditions too. Here are some options to consider:
- Microneedling and chemical peels help reducing acne scarring and reduce the signs of aging.
- PRP for hair loss is where platelet-rich plasma is injected directly into the scalp to help improve hair growth. **All June, take 15% of our PRP hair loss service**.
- Nutrafol is a medical-grade supplement that improves hair growth with visibly more thickness and scalp coverage. **Don’t miss out on our 10% off special this month!**
Alamo Heights Dermatology would like to wish all the dads out there a Happy Father’s Day. We hope you’ve been inspired to take steps towards healthier skin. Stop by to pick up any recommended products we mentioned. Or, schedule your consultation to kick start your journey with one of our services. Call us at (210) 255-8447 or request an appointment online today!