We have 22 days left until New Year’s Eve, y’all! This is a great time to assess the overall health of your skin as you begin to make your resolutions for the upcoming year. At Alamo Heights Dermatology, we know that everyone’s skin is different. Our consults for general, cosmetic, and aesthetic services help to find the right course of action for you. If you are wondering how to get your skin ready to ring in 2020, then stay tuned!
Being in Texas in “winter” means turning on the heater at night and AC during the day. Even though we do not truly experience the bitter northern cold, the weather affects our skin the same, and we need to protect it still.
- Moisturize – The warm air blowing through our homes and the lack of moisture in the air can add up to dry skin. If you are moisturizing daily (as you should), you should switch to a thicker lotion and re-apply throughout the day.
- Keep it Gentle – Using a gentle cleanser, which doesn’t strip the natural oils will help keep your skin moisturized in the winter.
- Sunscreen – This time of year means less sunlight, but the sun is still there and can cause damage. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Don’t forget your lips! Choosing a balm with the same SPF requirements will keep them from drying out and protected from the sun (It also won’t hurt to be in tip-top shape for those mistletoe encounters!).
Above and Beyond!
Alamo Heights Dermatology is your one-stop-solution to get you ready for New Year’s and beyond. Our board-certified dermatologists and professional, attentive team will work with you to meet your individual needs. Below are just a few of the services we offer and a little more about their benefits:
- Silk Peels (15% off Special)– Dermal Infusion is an advanced skin resurfacing treatment that combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion of condition-specific serums to improve skin health, function, and appearance. It is similar to microdermabrasion only BETTER!
- Dermaplaning– (includes cleanse, dermaplaning, mask, moisturize, and SPF) Dermaplaning is a simple exfoliating skin procedure that rids the skin of peach fuzz.
- Facials– Each of our facials include cleansing, steam, exfoliation, a masque, serums, and creams. Facials help remove debris, buildup, clears clogged pores, and the exfoliation removes dead skin cells. Collagen production is stimulated, and your skin will look rejuvenated as a result. We also offer mini facials and back facials!
- Lash & Brow Tint– Safe, natural, tints are used in a variety of colors that are guaranteed to complement your skin and hair colors.
To arrange your consultation, call (210) 255-8447, or visit our website.