The name mother is synonymous with taking care of everyone else in the household, sometimes at the expense of yourself. You make sure that your home is running like a well-oiled machine, but to keep running, you have to take care of yourself and your health. Skincare and regular dermatology visits are no different.
You work hard, and now it’s time to take care of yourself.
Where Do You Start?
School’s started and work is picking back up with everyone returning from summer vacations. It’s easy to fall behind on every aspect of your life, but Alamo Heights Dermatology is here to help take care of your body’s largest organ- skin! We aim to provide patient education not only by appointment but through our blogs ranging from skin cancer to the effect of stress on your skin. We also have a list of the full basics here, but below is a snapshot of the most important skincare tips:
- Proper Sun Protection– Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher when outside.
- Head to Toe Skin Checks– Check your body once a month from head to toe for any skin changes.
- Maintain Healthy Diet– Drink lots of water and eat healthy to maintain healthy skin.
- Exfoliate 2x a Week– Exfoliating removes dead skin cells.
- Don’t Smoke– Smoking causes premature aging.
- See A Dermatologist Annually– To discuss any current skin conditions, and get your skin checked.
If you have a skin condition, it’s essential to stick to daily care and to work closely with your dermatologist to ensure that you get the care you need and deserve! If you’re with struggling acne, eczema, psoriasis, warts, or moles, don’t put it off any longer.
Once you’ve got the basics down, it’s time to look into other procedures and treatments that can help get your glow back. Cosmetic treatments can reduce the signs of aging, eliminate or reduce imperfections, remove hair in unwanted places, and restore it where it is diminished. It’s important to talk with your dermatologist about what options are best for you. Some of the top procedures we perform, and their effects are:
- Ultherapy– Eases lines and wrinkles on the face, upper chest, and neck without cuts or surgery.
- PRP Therapy– Uses the body’s growth factors in your plasma to stimulate hair growth and is used in anti-aging treatments by restoring the fullness of the face while tightening and firming.
- Chemical Peels– Help remove/reduce sunspots and other skin imperfections.
- Fillers– These replace lost volume to the skin due to aging.
- Facials– The face is cleansed, pores are de-clogged, and the skin is rejuvenated in a multi-step process. Extractions are also performed safely at this time.
Everyone’s skin is different, and it’s important to make sure that you’re taking care of yourself while you take care of others. If you are ready to take the next step in your overall skincare, our board-certified dermatologists, and experienced, compassionate staff are here to help. With comprehensive treatment options available, Alamo Heights Dermatology has all your needs covered. To schedule a consultation, call us at 210-255-8447, or request an appointment online HERE.