When you hear the words silk peel, what comes to mind may be a type of chemical peel. You will be surprised to know, that silk peel is similar to a typical microdermabrasion procedure, but much more, and we are going to tell you exactly what it is, and how it works.What is Silk Peel?
Silk Peel is an exfoliation procedure that removes the upper most layers of skin cells. These layers are often the most damaged. The exfoliation device is equipped with a diamond-tipped hand piece (cue Rhianna). The use of diamonds means it can maintain its sharpness for far longer and will not rust, or collect bacteria compared to a metal one. It is also gentler.
As if mentioning diamonds didn’t catch your attention, the silk peel procedure relies on a vacuum-induced system to deliver pore cleansing, and removal of dead skin cells. The vacuum action also pushes pro-infusion solutions deep into the skin where it can have a more profound effect.
Benefits of a Silk Peel:
- Pro-Infusion Solutions– These are delivered deep into the skin for a more profound and lasting effect. Below is a listing of the different types of solutions offered.
- Clarity MD Pore Clarifying Pro-Infusion Solution– With the primary ingredient being salicylic acid, this may be a good choice for those that have acne.
- Vitamin C Skin Hydrating Pro-Infusion Solution- The primary ingredient is Vitamin C and has a variety of healing properties.
- Lumixyl Pro-Infusion Solution-This solution uses the lumixyl peptide as the active ingredient which lightens dark spots by neutralizing a skin enzyme that plays an active role in the production of melanin.
- Skin Hydrating Pro-Infusion Solution- Utilizing hyaluronic acid which can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture, it is great for individuals with dry, crepey skin.
- Diamond Tip- Gentleness usually does not require a pre-application of numbing cream compared to a traditional microdermabrasion.
- Plumping Effect- The intense serum/hydration infusion creates a plumping effect that can last up to three days.
For the month of June, Alamo Heights Dermatology is offering patients a free dermaplaning treatment with the purchase of a silk peel.
Book your appointment today! Contact us for more info.